We are working to address global health challenges, protect the environment, support our communities and develop our employees while operating with ethics and integrity.
SEEKING SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE BOTH HEALTH AND SOCIETY
While we celebrate 125 years of proud heritage, we look forward to continuing our legacy, engaging with partners and patients as a trusted leader to improve access to health care and grow our impact on society—across our businesses and around the world.
DETERMINING OUR MATERIAL ISSUES IN CONSULTATION WITH OUR STAKEHOLDERS
We recently completed a materiality assessment to identify and prioritize the corporate responsibility issues that are most important to our business and our external stakeholders. The resulting matrix displays the issues that have significant relevance for our company and to our stakeholders.
ALIGNING OUR WORK WITH ESTABLISHED REPORTING FRAMEWORKS FOR MORE THAN A DECADE
Since publishing our first corporate responsibility report in 2005, we have been committed to using best-in-class frameworks to guide our reporting. These include the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the Access to Medicine Index, the UN Global Compact, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our Approach At-A-Glance
Our Approach and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
The interactive graphic below indicates which SDGs we are addressing with regard to our overall corporate responsibility efforts. Hovering over the icons will give you a description of the goal, with links to more information.
For more details on the global goals which our company is working toward, and a directory of pages with our related initiatives and performance data, please visit our Sustainable Development Goals page.
- SDG 1 - End poverty in all its forms everywhere. Learn More >
- SDG 2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture. Learn More >
- SDG 3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. Learn More >
- SDG 4 - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities, for all. Learn More >
- SDG 5 - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. Learn More >
- SDG 6 - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. Learn More >
- SDG 7 - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Learn More >
- SDG 8 - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work, for all. Learn More >
- SDG 9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation. Learn More >
- SDG 10 - Reduce inequality within and among countries. Learn More >
- SDG 11 - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. Learn More >
- SDG 12 - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns. Learn More >
- SDG 13 - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts. Learn More >
- SDG 14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development. Learn More >
- SDG 15 - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss. Learn More >
- SDG 16 - Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. Learn More >
- SDG 17 - Strengthen the means of implementation, and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development. Learn More >