Philanthropy is an important component of our company’s commitment to corporate responsibility and a visible demonstration of our efforts to improve access to health and strengthen communities where our employees live and work.
Through our philanthropic programs, we have the ability to make a positive difference in addressing complex global health challenges and improving the quality of life in communities where we have a presence.
Several key principles guide our philanthropic investments and program portfolio. We seek to:
- Address critical global health needs where we can have a meaningful impact
- Collaborate with key partners to optimize our effectiveness
- Leverage not only cash and product donations but also expertise and capabilities across our company
Our giving priorities strengthen the effectiveness and impact of our company’s philanthropy by focusing on areas of global health need in which we have substantial expertise and capability.
Our priorities are:
- Health: Improve health care quality and health system capacity as well as increase access to care for underserved populations in selected areas of global health need and relevance to our company, namely noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) or chronic conditions in four areas: cancer, diabetes, hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS. Through our program investments, we aim to support interventions with evidence of effectiveness in advancing the quality of health services delivery, reducing health care disparities, fostering innovation in the delivery of health care, and empowering patients as active participants in managing their health.
- Community: Provide financial support and share the expertise of our employees through grant and volunteer programs that address critical health and selected social issues in communities where we have a presence.