Our Company’s Foundation
Established in 1957, our company’s Foundation (the “Foundation”) is funded entirely by the company and is our chief source of funding support for qualified nonprofit charitable organizations.
The following priorities guide the Foundation’s strategic partnerships and program investments:
We envision a world where all people have access to high-quality health care. We aim to reduce health disparities and improve the health of people in underserved communities, especially those living with Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, diabetes and HIV/AIDS—areas where there are significant health challenges that have relevance to our company. We support innovative and evidence-based programs that help health systems deliver high-quality care and improve access by helping individuals overcome social and environmental barriers to health care.
Since its inception, the Foundation has contributed more than $921 million to support initiatives that address important societal needs in a manner consistent with our company’s overall mission of inventing for life by bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases.
Key initiatives include:
- Alliance to Advance Patient-Centered Cancer Care
- Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter—Dementia Care Coordination
- American Cancer Society—Care Coordination Navigation Program
- American Cancer Society—Global Patient Navigation
- Bridging the Gap: Reducing Disparities in Diabetes Care
- HealthPartners Center for Memory and Aging— Care Ecosystem
- HIV Care Connect
- Marshall Health—Great Rivers Regional System for Addiction Care in West Virginia
- North Carolina A&T State University Center for Outreach in Alzheimer’s, Aging and Community Health (COAACH)
- Project ECHO® in India and Vietnam
- University of North Carolina School of Public Health—Peer Support Diabetes Program in Shanghai, China
- YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program
We help build stronger communities where our employees live and work. We contribute financial support through grants to local nonprofit organizations that address critical health needs and selected social issues in communities where we have a presence. We also share the expertise of our employees through volunteer programs globally. Further, our company supports disaster relief efforts and preparedness assistance throughout the world.